The Pixel 5a 5G is Google’s latest mid-range phone in America. However, it will be very similar to whoever has used the Pixel 4a 5G: we tell you why.
- The Pixel 5a 5G is the latest in Google’s line of mid -range smartphones . It offers some of the best features of the flagship Pixel for a lot less money.
- The Pixel 5a, which was rumored to be completely canceled, will only be launched in the United States and Japan, but now we have all the details of the phone, which will go on sale later this month and is available for pre-order now.
- This is what you need to know.
How Much Will The Pixel 5a Cost?
- The Pixel 5a costs $ 449 – which falls perfectly between the price of the Pixel 4a of $ 349 and the $ 499 price of the 4a 5G.
- The phone is now available for pre-purchase in the Google online store if you are in the United States or Japan. It ships unlocked and will appear to work on all major carrier networks.
- In the US, the phone is also available through the Google Fi network, where it can be pre-purchased at full price or obtained through the company’s phone subscription program from just $ 9 a month, with a plan. Fi data addition. In Japan you can also get the phone through Softbank.
- We are tracking where to buy the Pixel 5a in the US separately if you want to know more.
What Are The Specifications Of The Pixel 5a?
- Design-wise, Google hasn’t changed much – the phone looks a lot like last year’s Pixel 4a 5G, and like that phone, it’s only available in a black finish, officially called Mostly Black
- It’s a bit bigger than that phone, with a 6.34-inch Full HD + OLED flat screen, which is sadly still limited to 60 Hz, rather than a faster refresh rate.
- Once again, the fingerprint scanner sits on the back of the phone – rather than under the screen – and you’ll see a nearly identical-looking rear camera module. Stereo speakers handle the audio, along with a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- In fact, the only major design change is one you don’t see: the Pixel 5a 5G is waterproof, with an IP67 rating for protection against dust and water.
- Perhaps the most worrying thing is that not even the internal components have changed much.
- Once again, the phone is powered by the Snapdragon 765G, the exact same chip used in the 4a 5G, and in the Pixel 5. It’s a decent mid-range chipset, but Qualcomm has followed it up with newer models this year, such as the Snapdragon 780G, and it’s a shame not to see one of those used instead.
- It’s even paired with the same specs – 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. That means performance will be essentially identical to the latest phone, without any significant advancement.
- The same goes for the camera: the same main 12 MP and ultra-wide 16 MP lenses make a comeback from last year, which means that the quality of the camera should be identical – not a bad thing when the camera was so awesome originally, to be fair.
- Not so, at least when it comes to battery, that Google has upped it to a 4,680 mAh cell. It’s the largest on any Pixel phone so far, and a 20% capacity increase from 4th 5G.
- 18W wired charging is back (with a charger included in the box), although once again wireless charging is not supported.
- Unsurprisingly, it ships with Android 11, and Google guarantees at least three years of security and operating system version updates.
Full Specifications Of The Pixel 5a
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- 6 GB RAM
- 128 GB of storage
- 6.34-inch OLED FHD + screen
- 12.2 MP rear camera, f / .1.7 main camera
- 16 MP, f / 2.2 wide angle
- 8 MP selfie camera, f / 2.0 punch-hole
- 4680 mAh battery
- 18W wired charging
- Gorilla Glass 3
- Stereo speakers
- Headphone jack
- Android 11
- Mainly black
- 156.2 x 73.2 x 8.8mm
- 183 grams