Is Private Cloud Secure?
We’re sharing our thoughts on private cloud in the article. The cloud, without a doubt, is one of the great innovations that the internet has brought us because its use has allowed us to revolutionize everything. Thanks to the cloud, today we can access our documents without the need to carry a memory unit all the time.
Table of Contents
What Is The Cloud?
You may be wondering what the cloud is right now. The best way to define it is a virtual, intangible space on the internet, where files are stored, imagine that it is like a large archivist only, on the internet, hosted on a server and with excess 24/7.
Today, the cloud is used for everything. A perfect example can be seen in the galleries of our phones because applications like Google Photos are based on the cloud. Dropbox and Google Drive are other perfect examples of cloud storage service.
The main advantage of these applications is the availability of the files, since we can access them at all times regardless of the device. It will only be enough to have an internet connection to be able to access all the data and files hosted in the cloud, which makes it much easier to consult them whenever we want.
There are a large number of providers of these types of services today. As we already mentioned, Google is one of the main providers, although we also have Apple with its famous iCloud. Such has been its popularity that we will soon see a host of low-cost, high-capacity cloud services.
Advantages Of Cloud Services
Using cloud services will give you benefits such as:
- Accessibility: Forget about having to run to your computer to be able to consult files. Cloud services are accessible every day at all hours so you can check your information whenever you want.
- Security: A hard disk can be burned or a USB can be lost, on the other hand, the cloud servers are protected so you will not lose your files as happened when your computer or mobile decided to die.
- Multi devices: One of the great advantages of cloud services is the fact that they are multi-device, that is, they can be used both on a computer, on a tablet or on mobile phones. This is a great advantage, since you can access many files easily.
- Protection of your information: As if that were not enough, cloud services are ultra protected with data encryption measures. This will ensure that your information does not fall into unknown hands or cyber criminals who could misuse it and extort money from you to regain control of your files.
Is It Possible To Hack An Account In The Cloud?
Although there have been cases of unauthorized access to the cloud, as happened with the leakage of photos and private information of Hollywood celebrities, in reality this was not done by hacking but by a different technique , Phishing.
And it is that, according to the cloud service provider, the unauthorized access or the security breach was done through a hoax. Using the phishing technique, users were made to believe that they were the cloud company so that they would give them their information.
In short, it could be said that it was a hoax and not a hack. According to experts, hacking a cloud service can be very difficult because this service has a large number of security barriers such as data encryption.
So you can be sure that your information is fully secured against cyber criminals. In the same way, cloud servers are protected even against natural disasters, which will guarantee the total security of your files against any type of threat, from natural ones to hacks and cyber attacks.
4 Ways To Protect Your Cloud
Although the cloud is very secure, since it has the best protection measures, you can always improve the level of security. That is why here we will tell you 4 ways you can make your cloud more secure.
- A good password: Having a password like 1234 or your date of birth increases the chances of it being guessed by a hacker. Ideally, have a password that combines uppercase, lowercase, symbols, and numbers, as these passwords are very difficult to break.
- Avoid connecting to open networks: Open or public networks are like opening the door for a thief to enter your house, since there are no security filters to guarantee the connection of users who only have good intentions. Avoiding using the cloud in this type of network will avoid many hacking attempts.
- VPNs: A VPN is one of the best ways to protect your cloud, thanks to the shield that is formed through its connection process. Even using completely free VPNs you will have a high level of protection which will keep hackers away.
- Do not share your username or password: It is common for our friends to ask us for help to use our cloud, for example. Although it is not bad to support them, many times we make the mistake of sharing our username and password for convenience. The ideal is to avoid this, since doing so increases the vulnerability of our cloud.
Now that you know everything about the cloud, you should know that this service is a great way to exploit the internet of all things. The cloud is accessible, safe, and easy to use, so you don’t have to worry about your information being accessible to hackers.
Also read : Telecommuting