Salesforce becomes a single platform for the vision, management and knowledge of the customer in the organization ( single platform ). Here comes the first great advantage of using Salesforce: it allows us to centralize customer knowledge to optimize our ability to relate to them. It thus becomes an ecosystem (platform) that optimizes the focus on our clients, and that is the support for business growth, since it provides our teams with the tools and information necessary to achieve that goal.
Salesforce Means Transformation
Salesforce is, as we have seen, a new way of connecting that changes everything (that is why we have talked about disruption). But it is important to emphasize from the beginning that a Salesforce project is not just a project to implement a technological solution (a tool). In fact, it is a project that goes beyond technology, that touches the soul of the business; And that’s why it’s so powerful.
These are the main impacts that a Salesforce project generates in an organization:
- It totally involves people and teams (it requires imagination, creativity, a human touch necessary to manage change, to lead the challenge).
- Enhances expert knowledge of the digital environment (new protocols, processes, deep understanding of the client and their customer journey , time control, digital skills…).
- Increases expert knowledge of the “business” : value chain, sales process, marketing process, customer service, value proposition…
- It has an impact on knowledge about technology and about the integration of tools, apps, AI, cloud solutions , architecture…
- Accelerate knowledge about Business Intelligence and Analytics : data driven approach and management and control of information and data flows.
Entering The Salesforce World Is Worth It
The benefits of implementing a solution like Salesforce are clear:
- We increase the capacity and potential of our business development team: greater control of the customer life cycle, maximization of opportunities in our funnel , greater knowledge of our customers throughout their customer journey .
- We improve productivity: opportunity detection (Salesforce uses an artificial intelligence layer that helps us understand which opportunities we should prioritize), more agile customer relationship management, more visual and intuitive customer analysis ( customizable dashboards ), automation of follow-up tasks that reduces the time of managing relationships.
- Better knowledge of the client: very powerful insights that give us a total vision of our client in all the touch points of our relationship, all the information of the client in a single place (history of opportunities, interactions, key data…)
- Better communication between the teams that connect with the client (synergies between teams and optimization of the conversation with the client).
- The agility of a cloud solution accessible 24×7 on any device
Companies that adopt Salesforce driven by the advantages that we have listed have important challenges ahead, since a revolution requires a change in the way of working , in the culture of customer relations and management. It also requires the technological, business and talent capabilities necessary to successfully carry out a transformation project.
We have already seen that the challenge is worth it, and that the data shows that companies that use Salesforce solutions (and transform their vision of the customer relationship) consistently improve their results. In addition, this improvement occurs in all the key metrics: more opportunities ( leads ), more sales, better conversion rates, more income… And a more collaborative way of working of the teams around the client (more and better knowledge of the client, collaboration between multidisciplinary teams, greater efficiency in Marketing actions..).
How To Approach a Salesforce Project?
We have already discovered that a Salesforce project “changes you as a company”. In fact, it puts you in the obligation to anticipate technological and strategic needs. That implies that a company starting this project needs to understand:
- The current situation on which the project will be developed (key elements of the business, how technology is used, how it connects with its clients, its value proposition.).
- Where they are visualized in the future (possible scenarios and how they are going to do everything in your power to get there), envisioning the long term and creating the necessary conditions to face the challenges that are going to come with guarantees.
- How to align Salesforce technology with your business. This point is critical: any implementation that does not consider synergies with the business and seek impact on key processes will not achieve all the benefits that we have described above. The primary objective: to improve the company’s results (usually the turnover, but in reality there are many other key kpi’s in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service.).
This implies that the company needs to work well with the following vectors:
- Business knowledge to be able to transform the company with a total focus on customers and their needs.
- Digital capacity that optimizes the mix of methodologies & processes.
- Technological knowledge to thoroughly understand Salesforce and its modules, define an implementation and integration strategy with other tools and solutions, such as the company’s ERP.
- Change management to reinforce the transformation in the way of dealing with the relationship with the client throughout the life cycle.
- Trained talent to lead the project and to execute it.